Thursday, October 03, 2013

Slump

Someone asked me, just casually, the other day, "How are you?". I replied, "Same old, same old." Then he said, "It will stay like that until you do something about it."

It hit me. He was right.

The past days, I would wake up dragging myself to motivate me to face the new day. I have been constantly chasing for something that I don't know. Aimless if you may say. Admitting it now might make some friends say, "You very well know what (or Who) is missing." There's a default answer.

How can someone shatter you so badly it's too darn difficult to put yourself back together again? In just one blow you're knocked-out. So hard you can't get up again. The tragedy of it all, you found yourself alone... Some of the things that you used to believe because they make sense don't add up when real life confronts you. I very well get it now when they say that experience is the great teacher.

Some things are easier said than understood. If there's one thing I learned from the recent "big events" in my life, it would be to learn to listen and understand people more. I had those moments when I was such an obstinate and would deem explanations other that what I thought makes sense as stupid and acceptable.

And what about this writing? I think I'm in a period of slump and I'm afraid the people I know I can turn to will not understand.

0 comments: