Tuesday, November 13, 2007

How Do I Deal with Forgetfulness?

By the time I'm writing this, I am so pissed because I was supposed to go to the bank to encash my check and before I knew it, I left the check in my office. I was like two minutes away from the bank when I found that out. I'm so frustrated with my self!

This morning, I was looking for the book I bought the other day. Darn, I can't find it! Then flashback... I left it in my friend's house after we had sundae and fries last night.

I remember my gradeschool teacher who has this line everytime those-brain-cells-that-are-supposed-to-make-us-remember-things fail, "Wag nga kayong hawak ng hawak sa likod ng pagong nang di kayo nagging makakalimutin!". Sounds funny but I almost want to believe in the myth. As far as I can remember (ok, should I still be trusting my memory in this?), my memory lapses became perennial after I once touched a turtle's back. An officemate once told me that forgetfulness is caused by stress and lack of sleep. I really don't know now. What I know is I'm already getting into several troubles because of it.

A week ago, I had a heated discussion with a friend because she was giving me a sermon about my being forgetful. The argument went a long way, but it all started because I left my key inside our apartment and I can't find my housemate who has a dupe. It ended up with me giving her a "sorry cake".

I remember also an instance when I left my wallet in the office on a friday. I was supposed to have an operation the next day (I had a lump on my back, a benign cyst, something like a coagulated fat... hehehe) and my money for the operation was in the wallet. I had to go back to the office at 10:00 PM. Good thing, there are students who are doing an overtime for their theses in our lab.

In another time, I forgot my flashdisk where I saved my lineup for our youth fellowship. I was the worship leader at that time. I realized that I left it the office, ten minutes before the fellowship started.

I'm shaking my head in disgust right now.

Is there a cure for forgetfulness? There's this old adage in our province, "An bulong sa limot, hanot" (The cure for forgetfulness is spanking). I feel so hopeless and frustrated...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i remember that man-left-the-key-inside-Horeb instance but i didn't know that there was a "sorry cake". sweeet!