Thursday, November 15, 2007


The New Horeb


The House of Horeb just got bigger. We have been praying for new housemates who are willing to undergo discipleship and leadership training and the Lord granted it, we are now eight! Initially, we were actually praying for three new guys but God who is always generous, surprised us with five new brothers.

Last night we talked about our expectations while living in the training apartment set-up. We talked about what training means to us. And all agreed that the House of Horeb will be a place of training for Godliness, Discipleship and Leadership.

I'm overwhelmed with this new undertaking. I'm both excited and nervous. The responsibilty at hand is a heavy one, but I'm willing to spend my life and be spent for God's glory. I am fully aware of my weaknesses, vulnerabilities and self-doubt. But at this point, I'm just waiting for God to unfold his mighty working right before my eyes, as he has always been. I'm just taking one day at a time and celebrating God's faithfulness and mercy that are new every morning. I always remind myself that our ultimate leader in our "home" is God and I'm just a Kuya who's main business is to obey God, and by His grace, be an encouragement to the younger guys to press on and "keep the good fight of faith".

I was really encouraged yesterday morning when one of the guys initiated in preparing our breakfast. With a scrambled egg and a can of corned beef for eight guys, it was the best breakfast. It was a confirmation from God that I'm heading on the right track.

0 comments: