Monday, June 28, 2010

Attention Deficit

Why do people seem to be turning their backs on me? Or perhaps I just don't get the attention that I am expecting. I could be very-self centered, you know. Maybe I just had a bad day or something.

I'm afraid that some insecurities are surfacing again. I think I have been fine the past weeks -- my relationship with God and with people and work has been a real treat. Until some inner tigers start to crouch. Emotions are really unreliable and they should always be confronted by the truth.

On the other hand, I think the Lord is also teaching me to learn to be fully secured in Him. That people are just fleeting source of happiness and encouragement. Expectations can wear a person out but God's word and promises are a source of encouragement. 

2 comments:

daphne said...

and who are these "people"?

manÜ said...

some friends. ganun naman talaga, di laging andyan sila kung kelangan sila. and it's God's way of reminding us na Sya lagi ang i-seek. :)