Friday, February 06, 2009

Plans

The most difficult part in my MS application is writing my plans after completion of the degree. Can I just say that I wanna get married after I graduate? Oh plans! Many are the plans of man but ultimately, it's God's plan that prevails.

Here's what I wrote though:

The present environmental condition of the Philippines and the world at large is becoming worse by the minute. As a citizen of the planet, after I have completed MS Environmental Science and Management, I plan to focus on research and extension work. I hope to spearhead projects that would initiate efficient use of environmental resources in far flung areas of the country. I believe that this country is so rich in natural resources but either they are yet to be harnessed or they are being misused. Having raised in a poor province (Masbate), I have witnessed firsthand how environmental resources are used inefficiently. It's sad to note that there are provinces like Masbate that are rich in natural reserves yet remain poor. I believe that people needs to be educated and researchers should be bringing their output to these people.

Given the opportunity, I also would like to collaborate with international organizations and institutions in various environmental projects in the future. I am also open to holding a teaching position in an academic institution like UPLB.
Sound like a high school essay, eh?

0 comments: