Friday, October 24, 2008

TGIF

The long week is over. I feel tired. My back is going to break anytime. I'm happy though. I have accomplished a lot today, and yes, I have been useful this week.

I went to the office early, like 7:30 AM because I'll be assisting some thesis students in visiting some farms. There were three of them. First, we went to a small banana plantation to spray some chemicals to some banana fruits. It was fun. we crossed a river through a shaky bridge made of bamboo. I enjoyed it so much. Reminds me of my high school escapades. The place was so rural. The people are nice. Their life is so simple.

By 11:00 AM we were looking for an ampalaya farm. We needed a farm that could produce 120 ampalayas in one harvesting time. Good thing we found one. It's near an eggplant plantation of 5 hectares. I've never seen an eggplant farm that big in my entire life. Under the scorching heat of the sun, we tagged the ampalayas and we were so hungry.

Next stop was Kambingan Sa Tiaong. Goat? Are you kidding me? Very cheap though. But I didn't order any goat recipe. I had "lechon kawali" for lunch. And a lot of soft drinks! Three, I repeat, three kinds of softdrinks did I consume this lunch - Mirinda, Mountain Dew and Pepsi. Though I'm a fan of Coca Cola.

I was recharged. But here comes sleep hunger. We still have to scout for a papaya plantation. And if I get lucky, I'll be buying 'Solo' papaya for my own little experiment. We found a papaya
farm but no 'Solo' papaya. It's not commonly grown in this part of the country. My experiment is then deferred for next week.

We're back at the office by 2:45 PM. I have yet to finish the revisions for our terminal report. Darn that mango terminal report! But I want it done so I could move on with my new-found love -- papaya. My boss was nice today. She told me to just submit what I could finish for the day and she'll take care of the rest. I wanted hug her when she said that.

My best reward for the hard day's work? Three slices of pizza!! Thanks Daph for the treat. And oh, I had two glasses of Pepsi again. How's that for soda overload?

Weekend, oh weekend. I can't rest yet. 70-kgs of mangoes need to be irradiated tommorow. I'll be helping Ate Madel with that. But here's the catch, we'll watch movie while waiting for the irradiated mamgoes. I have Nights At Rodanthe in my mind right now.

In the meantime, we'll troubleshoot Blue, the defective Inspiron 1526.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, it has a name too! i'm sure you have met Chill. :)