Friday, November 28, 2008

"Kind but not nice"

Probably one of the most fitting descriptions ever given to me. Jhoanna told me that once but I can no longer the particular instance. She knew that I meant well. She only hoped I said it in a more tender way.

I have no apologies being that. Like I always say, "I don't smother". I say what I need to say. Reacts when I need to. And most of the time, my facial expressions betray me. I am that transparent. My love is tough.

In several instances, people around tell me that that I'm harsh, particularly with words. I don't deny that, though this is particularly true only for people whom I have already established a relationship with. I won't scold strangers, for Pete's sake! Most of the people whom I had an "encounter" appreciated it in the end. Until lately when a person who needs to be corrected got some hard-hitting words from me. For one, I cannot tolerate lies and disobedience. Besides, I have been very diplomatic and tolerant before that. If it's too much, something has to be done.

People close to me know that I could easily burst but they are also aware that I forgive faster that I get angry. I got angry because they were hard-headed and they won't listen. They "remained stiff-necked after many rebukes"!

Correction hurts at the particular instance it's given but if taken positively it builds good character. Most of the things that happen in our lives are outcome of our reactions. Situation doesn't make or break a person, it reveals who he is. Goodness is telling a person that he is wrong because he indeed is.

0 comments: