Monday, July 12, 2010

Drought


“Leave here, turn eastward and hide in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan. You will drink from the brook, and I have ordered the ravense to feed you there.” (1 Kings 17:3-4)

While it's true that the Lord lets the sun shine for both the good and evil, He however grants special favor to His children.

It was a time when the Israelite's rebellion and wickedness went over the top and the Lord decided to teach them a lesson. There will be a long famine in the land but the faithful Elijah, He spared.

The passage reminded me of few things. That amidst the spiritual drought in this world, the Lord sets His children apart and he provides their needs, even in the most unconventional way possible.

Elijah practically received a special treatment from the Lord that he lacked nothing. He was provided Kerith Ravine as shelter and when everyone else craved for water, Elijah drank from the brook. Unlimited supply, at that. And ravens, yes ravens, provided Elijah with food day and night! Elijah had meat and bread. And let me say it again, from ravens!

It's just amazing how God takes care of his children. He provides all the means. Yes, ALL! And that includes the impossible and the inconceivable ways that man's limited mind can think of.

I praise the Lord for bringing me to this passage this morning. It was very timely when after a spiritual high, I noticed that I am heading to a spiritual drought. By drought, I mean I am at the point where I am craving for continuous intimacy with God... where my faithfulness to Him seems to be faltering. I made a few bumps just recently but I thank the Holy Spirit's constant reminder for me to persevere. Thus, His Word for me today is just what I needed and I praise the Lord for His encouragement. And yeah, special favor.



*Notes from my morning devotional today in 1 Kings 17:1-5.

0 comments: